Boston has adjusted quite well to his baby sister, mostly because he doesn't pay any attention to her unless she is crying, then he stares at her, confused about what or who she is exactly.

A better reason why the first week hasn't been to hard for him is because Grandma is his best buddy, and he is constantly entertained by her. When she leaves tomorrow, this will inevitably change for the worse...

Naomi had her first bath a few days after being home from the hospital, and she HATED it, but once she was wrapped in a towel and we washed her hair, she was in heaven. I love this relaxed face she makes. She is a sweetheart.

John has fallen in love with having a daughter, just like I always knew he would. There is something really, really precious about your husband holding your little girl. I would say she has taken to him also, she will sleep on his chest like this, all curled up, all day long. Love her tiny bum!
My mom and I have set up little photo shoots for her almost daily. Out of the thousand pictures we probably took of her, about 10 turned out really cute. I just ordered her birth announcements and I love them.
Other than a few digestion problems (love those) and some all too frequent night time feedings, Naomi is doing really well. She is a sweet baby, and we love every part of being her parents. I am hoping that the next few weeks we can continue to figure out some schedule with both kids that works for me... "works" meaning... that I get more than 2 hours of sleep at a time, and I don't feel like ripping out all my hair when both babies are crying at once.
So yeah, a week of adjusting. I think we are doing pretty well...
9 comments:
Oh she is precious! I bet having 2 little ones is a very big adjustment. So glad your mom could be there!
I can't wait to hold her.
I will plan on coming up tuesday, let me know if we need to change that!
Congrats again on your sweet baby girl! She is so darn cute! :)
All new babies take some adjustment and I personally hate the first week or two at night! Of course the snuggling and new baby squishiness make up for it, but it will just take some time. As siblings, they'll just have to learn to be patient and to share their mommy!
If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask!
What an adjustment! You're amazing! I'm so glad your mom has been there to help. Sometimes having mommy there is all you need to make life more bearable! Please never hesitate to call for help, food, chocolate, anything!
Naomi is so beautiful!! You are an amazing mom! Hang in there, you will get into a good routine! And Boston I am sure will adjust as well!! How helpful it is to have your mom there with you! And John seems to really be enjoying Naomi!
It's so good to see that everyone is doing well. She is just a doll. I love the picture of her laying of John. I too love seeing daddies holding their baby girls. There is just something priceless about it! Congrats again.
michele i got your email and will reply to it tonight after q is in bed...i am a pro at the "digestion problems". quincy had the worst time...we would seriously pray for her to be able to go to the bathroom. and i know what you mean about not recovering. i tell people all the time adoption is where it's at! no labor, delivery, recovery, no hormones going crazy, your husband can feed that baby....you feel great! unless maybe you have a 1 year old also. ;)
Oh Michele!
I am soooo happy for you guys, I just found out last night about all of this and I am moved to tears!! Naomi is gorgeous!! What a miracle you have in your arms! I can't wait to see her! I'm sure you've got lots of help, but if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask! Congratulations!!!!
She is absolutly beautiful. Congrats on the cutie pie. And i wish you all the luck in adjusting to parenthood of 2. I am in the same process so i will be thinking of you often.
AWWWWW!!!
Post a Comment