Wednesday, November 4, 2009

this is our hood.

I'm so glad that John was home yesterday. We are really thankful that the damage to our home is very minimal. I'm so so so glad that it happened at 9:15 instead of 12:15 when the Horne's (one of the 2 houses that are practically demolished) home would have been filled with every toddler in the neighborhood for Ashlynn's 2nd birthday party. I'm so grateful to live in such an awesome ward and community that came together so quickly to help each other out. It was incredible, really. I love these people. So far the refinery is being pretty great about taking care of all the damage their explosion caused.
Now, if you want to get personal, and get me fired up, read the comments on the articles KSL has up on their site about the explosion. 9 out of 10 people want to blame us homeowners for being dumb enough to live here and blast us for taking advantage of the situation blah blah blah. If you want my response, go here. I'm clowfam, towards the bottom of the page. I wanted to end my comment with something like "suck it", but decided it was probably a little inappropriate. But on my own blog, hey, why not? So all you Woods Cross haters, suck it. Because we love it here.


Homes Damaged In Blast At Refinery

Video Courtesy of KSL.com



9 comments:

Faye said...

Just glad everyone is OK. It nice to know you have a close knit community there in your neighborhood that is able to rally together when you need each other.

Tiffany said...

Wow, I just went back and read those comments on KSL and its getting ME fired up!! I think you should have told them to suck it. People are so stupid.
Glad you guys are ok and your home is ok

McCall said...

saw this on the news - totally thought about you and your little family - i am so glad to hear that you are ok and the damage is not so bad. scary.

ensman said...

What the crap is wrong with those people on those message boards? They seriously need to find something better to do with their lives!!

Lindsey said...

Well put Michele, well put!!

Ashley Shane and Crew said...

I think the suck it comment is totally appropriate.

Leslie said...

hi michele, what a scary experience! i hope all your friends can recover soon. i'm here to share the good news that you won the Alice Lane Home gift certificate on my blog, A Room Somewhere! Please email me so we can arrange shipping.

flowerchain@gmail.com

leslie

Natalie said...

Wow Michele, so scary! I am glad that you are all ok and I agree those comments are enraging! I say Suck it too :)

Anonymous said...

My bro lives right in that area Michelle and I play all the time at the indoor soccer place right by your house! You in my neck of the growing up woods! Glad you love it! Oh and I tell them to suck it for you!